1. TYPES OF MEMBERSHIP / FEES
Memberships may be for one or more representatives according to the standards below:
- Individual Professional membership (1,200MOP/year)
- i) Small and Medium enterprises two representatives (2,400 MOP/year)
- ii) Large companies (more than 100 employees) – four representatives (4,800 MOP/year)
- Student associate membership (600MOP/year)
Type of corporate membership:
- Venues (including hotels)
- Event management and event organizers
- Suppliers of services and products
- Educational, government and institutional players
Representatives of Corporate members
Representatives are the professionals that can attend general assemblies, MISE events and MISE educational training with membership discount.
Membership fees are issued in January and due until February. For admissions after April of each year, quarterly membership pro rata is applied (eg Members admitted in the second quarter pay three quarters. If admitted in the fourth quarter, pay one quarter). The nonpayment of the membership fee, after the Boards warning, implies immediate suspension of membership rights and expulsion from the Association.
2. ADMISSION CRITERIA
Admission criteria for corporate members
There are some criteria a company must fulfil to be a part of the Association.
- All companies must have a valid business license for conducting business and act in an industry relevant to the Association.
- Must be in business for at least two years
- Minimum annual turnover of 1,000,000 MOP/HKD
- Must be invited/recommended by two current members
Admission criteria for individual members
Must be active in the MICE or Special Events industry for more than a year
Admission criteria for Student Associate Member
Students must be under 26 years old and enrolled in fulltime education.
Once admitted to membership, you will then be subject to the same benefits as other MISE members and will be required to abide by MISE’s by-laws.
3. MEMBER OBLIGATIONS
Members admitted to MISE must:
- Attend at least 2 events per year
- Communicate in English and by email
- Pay the membership fees in a timely manner
- Respect and abide by the MISE bylaws
4. MEMBER RIGHTS
Members admitted to MISE have the right to:
- Participate in the General Assembly and participate in the deliberations through voting.
- Elect and be elected to the governing bodies by members during the general meeting, being that the Chairman and Director may be reelected only once. Other positions have no limit of reelection.
- MISE reserves the right to cancel benefits to any member who does not demonstrate an adequate commitment to the objectives, strategies, roles and functions of the Association.
- If it is the member’s initiative to withdraw from the association, MISE must be notified one month in advance, by written form.